The first day of spring is in just a few days, which means summer is right around the corner! Time to turn our heat off and turn the air conditioner on. Before you turn it on, it might be a good idea to make sure it is in proper condition. Here are some tips on how to get your air conditioner unit ready.
Check Your Air Filter
The air filter in your AC allows filtered, clean air to enter your home. Letting your air filter clog leads to damaging your AC unit and will cause the air quality in your home to lower drastically. The air that will come out will not even be cold!
Inspect the Bearing
It is easy to know when there is something wrong with the bearing on your AC unit. It will let you know by making a very loud squeaking sound. If you hear this sound, it is time to replace your bearing before summer comes around!
Keep it Clean
Though it sounds simple, keeping your AC unit clean can prevent a lot of damage in the future. You should make sure you are keeping the fins of your AC unit clean and clear. Before you do so, it is best to read your manual to see which technique is best for your unit.
Hire a Professional
If you notice that your AC unit is completely out of whack, it may be time to call in a professional. The experts at Arlex Oil will come to conduct a comprehensive inspection to figure out exactly what the problem is.
Arlex Oil Air Conditioner Services
Here is a list of all of Arlex Oil’s AC services:
- Perform a comprehensive inspection and cleaning of the condenser coils.
- Inspect and lubricate the bearing
- Inspect the indoor coil (if accessible)
- Clean/Replace the air filter (if provided)
- Inspect capacitors, service valves, fan blade, float switch, electrical wiring, thermostats, and contacts
- Check refrigerant levels for proper charge
- Measure Supply/Return temperature differential
- On the compressor: monitor, measure amps and voltage draw
- Inspect and clean condensate line, pump, and pan
Arlex Oil wants you to be comfortable and confident with your AC unit. Will have your air conditioner working as well as it was the day you got it! For all air conditioner services, give us a call at 781-862-3400.